GROSKREUTZ, ABRAHAM, ESHLEMAN & GERRETSE Introduces SafeSend Returns® for Tax Return Delivery
We are pleased to offer SafeSend Returns to our clients as a secure, electronic tax return delivery system. The client-friendly interface walks you through a guided process that includes on-screen review of your return, collecting IRS-compliant e-signatures on e-file authorization forms and options for making tax payments. Then, SafeSend Returns automatically sends the form(s) back to GROSKREUTZ, ABRAHAM, ESHLEMAN & GERRETSE.
Benefits of Using SafeSend Returns
- Receive your tax returns securely without the need to setup an account or remember a password
- Accessible across all platforms: computer, smartphone or tablet
- Electronically sign your federal and state e-file authorizations (8879), no printing or mailing necessary
- Receive payment reminder e-mails
- Download a copy of your tax return
- For businesses, conveniently distribute your K-1s electronically
How it Works
- You will receive an email from GROSKREUTZ, ABRAHAM, ESHLEMAN & GERRETSE with a “from” address of firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The email will contain a safe link for you to access your tax return.
- After clicking on the link, you will be asked to enter the last four digits of your social security number to review your return.
- SafeSend will email or text you an access code to further verify your identity. For emailed codes, check your spam or junk folders if you do not receive the email in your inbox. You must enter the code within 20 minutes of receipt. If you do not enter the code within 20 minutes, you can request another.
- When you are ready to sign your e-file authorization form(s), you will be asked three simple questions to verify your identity. Once you have signed the e-file authorization form(s), GROSKREUTZ, ABRAHAM, ESHLEMAN & GERRETSE will be notified and will complete the rest of the e-filing process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Email notifications will be sent from GROSKREUTZ, ABRAHAM, ESHLEMAN & GERRETSE at email@example.com. To prevent the email from getting filtered to spam/junk, we recommend adding this email addresses to your safe list.
Yes. SafeSend Returns offers a secure system to view and sign your e-file authorization form(s). Look for https:// at the beginning of the site URL and a locked padlock symbol in your browser’s URL bar to confirm you are on the secure site.
Check your spam/junk email folder. If you do not receive your code within the 20-minute time limit, please request another. You can also search your email for “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
The questions SafeSend Returns asks are knowledge-based questions pulled from government and credit sources. You may be asked questions such as where you lived in a given year or when you bought your car or home. In the event the questions do not apply to you, simply choose the answer that accurately reflects this. If you don’t remember the answers to the questions, or you answer incorrectly, you won’t be able to electronically sign your e-file authorization form(s). You can instead print, sign and return your e-file authorization form(s) to GROSKREUTZ, ABRAHAM, ESHLEMAN & GERRETSE.
This process can be completed on any computer, smart phone or tablet via a web browser. There is currently no SafeSend Returns app available.
Yes. You can download and print your return from a computer. If you’re using a smartphone or tablet, you can review and e-sign your return package but may not be able to print it. Please use a laptop or desktop computer for the best printing experience.
SafeSend Returns allows you to electronically sign your e-file authorization form(s), but it won’t submit your return to the IRS. Once signed, GROSKREUTZ, ABRAHAM, ESHLEMAN & GERRETSE is automatically notified and we will then complete the filing process for you, including submission to the IRS.
For spouses filing jointly, there are a few ways to sign via SafeSend Returns:
- If both spouses have an email address on file, both will receive an email with a link to view the return and sign the e-file authorization form(s). First, one spouse will receive the link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. He or she will sign the e-file authorization form(s) and input the spouse’s email address, which will send an email link to the second spouse. The second spouse will answer identity verification questions specific to him or her and then sign the form(s).
- If only one spouse has an email address on file, that spouse will first receive the link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. He or she will sign the e-file authorization form(s) and then enter an email address for the second spouse. The second spouse will then receive the email link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. Once the second spouse electronically signs the e-file authorization form(s), Groskreutz, Abraham, Eshleman & Gerretse will be notified that signing is complete.
- If a couple shares an email address, the primary signer will first receive a link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. After the primary signer signs the e-file authorization form(s), he/she can then enter the shared email address again. A new link will be sent with identity verification questions specific to the second spouse.
We will deliver your dependent’s return via SafeSend Returns. However, due to the knowledge-based identification requirements of the IRS, a minor dependent may not qualify, so you will need to manually sign and return your dependent’s e-file authorization form.
Yes! Once you sign your e-file authorization form(s), you will receive an email stating it was successful. The email will also include a link to download a copy of your tax return for your records.
If estimated payments are included in your review copy, you will automatically receive an email reminder 7 days before your payment is due.
For More Assistance
If you have additional questions regarding SafeSend Returns, please contact: